Journal Browser Advanced Search Help
Journal Browser Advanced search HELP
J Korean Med Assoc. 2018 Jul;61(7):403-407. Korean. Original Article. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2018.61.7.403
Seo JT .
Department of Urology, Cheil General Hospital & Women's Healthcare Center, Dankook University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea. jtandro@cgh.co.kr
Abstract

Approximately 15% of couples hoping to conceive are infertile. Male factor infertility is the only cause in 40% of those couples. Approximately 20% of men with infertility have azoospermia. Of these patients, roughly 40% are experience obstruction or absence of sperm passage. However, the other 60% of patients must seek out adoption or conceive using a sperm bank. Currently, recommendations regarding legal issues are needed for sperm banks to be operated safely and effectively, and this paper provides a set of such recommendations.

Copyright © 2019. Korean Association of Medical Journal Editors.