Journal Browser Advanced Search Help
Journal Browser Advanced search HELP
-
J Korean Neurosurg Soc. 1989 Jun;18(6):903-909. Korean. Original Article.
Kim SI , Kim HJ , Han YP , Hong SK , Hu C .
Department of Neurosurgery, Wonju College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Wonju, Korea.
Abstract

The authors presented an analysis non-operative management on 20 epidural hematomas(EDH's) management who had been admitted from June, 1986. to May, 1988. The results were summarized as follows: 1) A number of EDH patients(17/20) with neurologically minor deficits could be successfully managed by conservative management, whereas we underwent surgical evacuation on 3 other cases with clot volume over 50cc. 2) Serial Brain CT scans on 20 patients revealed mostly two types of resolution pattern: One with an intervening expansile phase preceding net resorption(5 cases; 25%), and the other without this phase(15 cases; 75%). 3) All of patients presented mild symptoms and signs(Glasgow Coma Score>13). However, the common complaints were headache and vomiting. 4) The mean period from admission to discharge was 5.6 weeks, and the mean number of followup CT scan was 4.2 times.

Copyright © 2019. Korean Association of Medical Journal Editors.