We experienced a case of a 41 year old woman who had ingested sodium bromate solution to attemp a suicide. After the ingestion, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain were developed, and acute pancreatitis, anuric acute renal failure, and hearing loss were followed. To cure this, hemodialysis diet restriction, and fluid therapy were performed. Two weeks later, acute renal failure began to be quickly restored. However, acute pancreatitis was serious until the 40th hospital day and was slowly improved. Bromate, which is used as a neutralizer in home permanent cold wave hair kits, has been reported causing serious poisoning such as renal failure, deafness, peripheral neuropathy, but it has not been reported as a pancreatitis inducing chemical, yet to our knowledge. We report the case o bromate-induced acute pancreatitis with review of the literatures.