Journal Browser Advanced Search Help
Journal Browser Advanced search HELP
Korean J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2004 Mar;7(1):74-77. Korean. Case Report.
Kwon JH , Uhm JH , Chung KS .
Department of Pediactrics, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea.

Anisakiasis is a accidental parasitic infection caused by nematode larvae belonging to the subfamily Anisakinae when a raw or inadequately cooked fish is ingested. The common clinical symptoms are severe colicky abdominal pain or epigastric full sensation, nausea, vomiting and fever, but hematemesis or melena is very rare. We report a case of a 11-year-old female child who developed severe epigastric pain recurrently for 2 months, and recalled that she had eaten the raw flesh of an Astroconger myriaster. Endoscopic examination showed the whitish worm invading the stomach wall. Clinical symptoms disappeared after endoscopic removal. This study may be the first pediatric case of gastric anisakiasis in korea.

Copyright © 2019. Korean Association of Medical Journal Editors.