Journal Browser Advanced Search Help
Journal Browser Advanced search HELP
Korean J Gastrointest Endosc. 1983 Nov;3(1):10-16. Korean. Original Article.
Kim YI , Kim WH .
Abstract

Two hundreds and forty six preoperative endoseopic gastric biopsies from 236 conaecutive cases were subjected to the retrospective analyais of diagnostic accuracy among 597 tumor- bearing gastrectomy specimens confirmed by extended histotopographic investigations during a period of 1980 to 1981 at Seoul National University Hospital. The overall diagnostic accuracy of endoscopic gastric biopsy was 93.1% with 0.8% false positivity and 3.5% of false negative caaes; of those, the concordance rate of preoperative biopsy diagnosis based on the histotopographic investigation of the gastrectomy remained in 85.5%, whereas 75% of diagnostic discrepancy wae reaulted from inappropriate biopsy sampling or failure of neoplastic tissue obtainability; and the rest of 25% was mostly false negative cases. (continue...)

Copyright © 2019. Korean Association of Medical Journal Editors.